About this event:
Mental Health First Aid is a respected national learning programme and we are pleased to include this in our Recovery College programme. The course is a four hour introductory mental health awareness course which will be enable you to:
- Gain a wider understanding of the issues surrounding mental health
- Work more effectively with people experiencing mental health problems
- Identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
- Define mental health and some mental health problems
- Relate to people’s experiences
- Help support people with mental health problems
- Look after your own mental health
The course is aimed at anyone who is in a situation where they may benefit from increased awareness of mental health issues and also for employers to manage mental health and to promote positive mental health in the workplace. Two free places per organisation are available.
You will receive a certificate of attendance and a manual with further information and resources.