About this event:
Mental Health First Aid Lite is a respected national learning programme. The course is a three hour introductory mental health awareness course aimed at anyone who is in a situation where they feel they may benefit from increased awareness of mental health issues, particularly carers, family and friends.
As part of our commitment to support organisations to manage mental health in the workplace, we also offer places to employers. You will receive a certificate of attendance and a manual with further information and resources. Please note that numbers enrolling from any one organisation may be restricted if demand is high.
This course will enable you to:
- Gain a wider understanding of the issues surrounding mental health
- Work more effectively with people experiencing mental health problems
- Identify the discrimination surrounding mental health
- Define mental health and some mental health problems
- Relate to people’s experiences
- Look after your own mental health